TSplus keeps developing its star software for the benefit of the greatest number. Yesterday a new version has been uploaded. This 11.40 release is a major release, which brings outstanding progress in security and will satisfy all TSplus customers and Remote Desktop users.
TSplus is a multi-languages remote desktop access and applications publishing program. Installed in a minute on a server, this software provides secure remote connections for hundreds of concurrent users to Desktops and business applications. With integrated and customizable Web Application portal as well as a new dedicated mobile App, users can either use workstation or mobile devices to open their sessions from anywhere, at any time.
It is the most cost-effective and simple alternative to Citrix and Windows Remote Desktop Services, and even fully compatible with Windows technologies – including supports for multiple protocols: from W7 to Windows 10, Server 2008 to 2016 and even for the most recent Windows 10 Spring Creators Update and Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview.
Today a new TSplus release is out. This 11.40 version fixes all noticeable 11.30 bugs and includes amazing new features that significantly increase the level of protection for all customers and end-users.
The new 11.40 TSplus enforces security for Admins and Users
As one of the strongest concern for businesses these days, Security is at the center of TSplus’ development strategy. It is their responsibility to protect their partners and users from a crisis due to a breach in their system, especially because data shared on a RDS Server can be very sensitive.
Here are few examples of the most powerful new measures implemented to strengthen security when using TSplus:
- Automatic installation of the security Add-on “RDS-Knight”: a trial version is installed at the setup or Update, if the user approves it. The tile to launch RDS-Knight is included on the Security tab of the AdminTool, along a desktop shortcut. RDS-Knight offers five strong measures to shield RDS servers and TSplus sessions in few easy clicks:
- Enhancement of the TSplus Web Portal Security:
- Credentials Protection/Integration of the Brute Force Attacks Defender into the Web Portal: the logon password is now automatically encrypted. Plus, every user who enters a wrong password more than 10 times in a row will see his session locked for the next 20 minutes. Of course, these thresholds are customizable with the AdminTool.
- Free Certificate Manager: it will automatically configure the HTTPS certificate to work both on Web Portal and with RDP connection.
- More security enhancements: Security audits were taken to even more improve users security and to facilitate the Administrator task on security…
TSplus 11.40 further enhances user experience
TSplus’ most appreciated benefits are its simplicity and its wide range of features and parameters. Anyone can customize the remote sessions or web portal to set a nice “look-and-feel” for users, while keeping connections under control. TSplus 11.40 adds more options for this purpose, listed on the Release note.
The most interesting one is a “full desktop” access available in the listed apps of the Floating Panel and Application Panel for the RemoteApp mode. If activated by the Administrator, it “pops” automatically the full Remote Desktop when the user clicks on the icon, giving him more flexibility.
The most noticeable change is related to the Client Generator: this one has been redesigned to prevent any incompatibility with Windows Security and false/positive reactions on anti-viruses installed on client side. Thus, TSplus Portable Client Generator simplified the job of the Administrators by creating small (2KB) flat “.connect” files, which will be double-clicked by users to start their session (see screenshot). The only prerequisite is on the client side: to run a signed program named “Setup-ConnectionClient.exe”.